Volunteer at MHS
Interested in volunteering at MHS?
You are required to fill out an application first. Once approved we will provide orientation and a schedule for you for operations or meeting with Marketing to discuss committees/events available. All responsibilities assigned to volunteers will be at the discretion of the MHS Staff.
Youth Volunteers (working independently) must be 13 years of age and approved application with parental signature required.
Adults Volunteers (working independently) must be 18 years of age and approved application on file.
Once you complete the application, please email it to our Director of Community Relations, David Dabagia, at email@example.com.
Help with Events
- Fund-raising event committees
- Adoption days/donation days
- Sponsorship/fund-raising calls
- MHS flyer/poster distribution
- Community education/speaker program
- Special youth/seniors programs
- Shelter Advocates
Help with the Shelter
Call or stop by the shelter to sign up for a 2 hour block of time assisting the kennel staff with:
- Animal socialization
- Animal cage cleaning and shelter clean up
- Laundry and dishes
- Keep our grounds and park clean
- Help with general maintenance of the building
- Aid with computer networking and maintenance
- Assist with group shelter tours and education at the shelter
Work with Cats
Call or stop by the shelter to sign up for a 1 hour block of time to playing with our cats Monday through Friday.