MHS Dog Park
Enjoy time with your dog, relax and play in our 3 acre, fenced park. Walk along the groomed, wooded trails and let your dog be a pup again. We have 3-12 month memberships along with daily prices.
How to Join the Michiana Humane Society Dog Park
- Bring a copy of your pet’s current vaccination record to the shelter during business hours and fill out an application. Be sure that the record has the bordetella/kennel cough, rabies, distemper and parvo vaccinations listed.
- Bring proof that your dog is spayed or neutered.
- Your pet must be at least 6 months of age.
- After confirmation of the above steps, you’ll receive a key to the Dog Park, which allows you to use the park even if the shelter is closed.
Membership Fees (Annual registration)
- $8 per dog, per day (available during normal shelter hours); $5 for each additional dog, per day
- $35 for 3 months
- $75 for 6 months
- $150 for 12 months
- Replacement keys: $10
- Only new members receive a key and dog park card. Current members, or members who are renewing their membership, must purchase a replacement if their key is lost.
Pet Park Hours
- Fall/Winter Hours (October – February): 9am – 7pm daily
- Spring/Summer Hours (March – September): 7am – 9pm daily
Required Pet Park Etiquette & Important Points to Remember:
- Hang personalized admit tag on gate for each dog on Park Entrance.
- Dogs must be supervised 100% of the time and need to be maintained under voice control. If your dog acts aggressively toward another dog, please leash your dog and exit the park. Always watch your dog – you are responsible for its actions. Stop rough play if one or more dogs is not enjoying the play style. Remember, just because your dog enjoys playing rough, it doesn’t mean other dogs are having fun. Dogs pinning another dog to the ground is not appropriate.
- Dogs must be leashed upon entering & exiting the Park. Collars must remain on at all times.
- Please clean up after your dog and yourself before leaving the Pet Park. There are waste containers available for your disposal.
- Avoid using toys or food if there are other dogs around you or your dog. Please be cautious when giving out treats to your dog, as some dogs may become aggressive. Never give treats to another member’s dog.
- Please do not bring items made of glass into the park.
- Pet owners should not bring human food into the Pet Park.
- Your membership is only for you and your dog(s) listed on your application – never allow anyone else or another dog into the park. Do not share your key with non-members. If someone is unable to get into the park, it could be because they are not a member or their membership has expired or been suspended. For everyone’s safety, do not allow anyone not on your membership into the park.
- Children under the age of 12 are not permitted in the park. Do not allow your children to play with other members’ dogs.
- Smoking is not allowed in the Pet Park or on the walking trails.
- If your pet becomes aggressive toward people or other dogs, your membership may be subject to termination without refund of membership fees.
- Unspayed females in “season” should refrain from use of the park for protection of all dogs.
- If your dog is diagnosed with a contagious disease, please contact us immediately.
- Remember to protect your pet from fleas and ticks.
- Report dog bites IMMEDIATELY to shelter staff or call 219-872-4499 and leave a message; it is your responsibility to obtain complete information for everyone involved in a dog bite incident. Also call the above number to report dogs playing inappropriately.
If you need any assistance or help, please contact the shelter with any questions.